CCAS News (click on an icon below to display related content)
Light4 & LightSTORM
The Capture Family
New Delivery Options
Updated Web Site
CCAS is happy to announce the successful establishment in the field of its Light4 and LightSTORM accounting for Windows and Mac...and iOS . LightSTORMd, for iOS 8 devices exclusively, is now offered as well. We’re pleased to offer a free 30-day trial of LightSTORMd - again, for all Apple iOS 8 devices (iPad, iPhone and iPod touch).
We took our time-tested, field and DCAA audit proven Light3 and trimmed it substantially, streamlined all procedures, implemented an array of new features - and this while maintaining, and enhancing, Light's trademark ease-of-use, performance and reliability. Specifically:
• Light4 with it's fully integrated Capture Time & Expense application is now provided in three (3) files - instead of 26. It is "cloud" ready, and fast.
• All reports generated by Light4 can now be printed, saved as a PDF file or, for those users granted "Export" privileges, exported as an Excel (.xlsx) file in one step.
• Key reporting, reconciliations, and analyses have been enhanced and "Ad Hoc" reporting sees expanded options resulting in truly superior reporting and data exporting possibilities.
• Contract billing has been completely re-worked. Users can now bill at any contract level (summary, task or CLIN) as necessary - at any time - and change their billing hierarchy at any time.
• Receipts and other documents can be saved with any transaction or "core" entry (such as customer and project records).
• Light4 is also iOS native: "breakthrough" stuff. It can be accessed with full functionality from any iOS device - any iPad or iPhone - with virtually identical appearance and desktop-class performance when on the latest iOS devices. This also means that Light4 can be run on an iOS devices directly - completely independent of "desktop" and other computers.
CCAS delivers proven stability and performance, very competitive license pricing, and features and approachability equalling and exceeding all completing applications - from the modestly to the most highly priced. New licensing options - constant promotions - are available as well. Contact us for details.
The CCAS Capture Family: Capture for Professionals, Capture T&E and Time Capture
Professionals. Do what you do best. The details are under full control - and they're your ally.
Road Warriors. Desk Warriors. Independents and their Associates... Welcome to the Capture family of iOS Apps: Time Capture, Capture T&E and Capture Pro. Each iOS “native” and self-contained, and built for Apple’s iPad. CCAS has raised the bar for timekeeping, expense reporting, invoicing, and receivables management applications on all platforms, including iOS.
With built-in, full-bore, DCAA compliance* that's as unobtrusive as it is complete, you’ll sleep well, knowing that you can instantly respond to (and support) any and all inquiries regarding your timekeeping, expenses and invoicing. Invaluable…and
One-time licensing fees from $99.99 to $249.99 include companion Windows and Mac desktop applications - with no recurring costs or in-app purchases. iOS native, there’s no need for the “Cloud” - yet each App is “Cloud” ready…It’s your choice.
* Valuable for all, and a “must have” where efforts are subject to Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) or other US Government accounting requirements.
New Delivery Options
Did someone say that you needed a $5K server to run our software? It wasn't us. A price tag of less than $1,000 is more of what we have in mind. While your own computers can certainly work, we now offer users some powerful and affordable options.
Our software can be "served" by a modest - yet mighty - group of affordable computers. For example, we can ship our Light™ software to you preloaded and pre-configured on Apple, Inc.'s newest Mac mini with OS X Server. Equipped with a quad-core Intel Core i7 processor running at 2.3 Ghz with 4GB of super-fast memory, dual 1TB 5400-rpm hard disk drives, 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet (RJ-45) and 802.11n wireless networking, your Light™ data will be "served" over your LAN and the Internet with blazing speed. You'll have the assurance of automatic file backups…and knowing that you are operating in a virtually virus-free environment.
PC options are, of course, available as well. Contact us for details.
PayPal payments are now accepted for all CCAS software and services.
Updated Web Site
Our Web site has been updated to include both new content and new ways of viewing our content. The CCAS Web site been singularly strong in providing valuable, free, information to its users and any who need to know more about accounting for contracts issued by the Federal government. We hope that the updates to our site will more clearly present this information, as well as information about our Light™ software.
This page utilizes a new technology that allows users to view different content without navigating to another page, or pages. Simply click on an icon in the shaded area (the "Carousel") and that item's content will be presented in the area below (this area, that is). If more content is available than is immediately visible, clicking on the arrow buttons will allow you to scroll through the available content.
Another new technology employed (an "Accordion") presents information that is accessed by clicking on a Heading ("Keep it SIMPLE!", in the example below). When clicked, the heading expands and its content is displayed. Clicking on the heading again closes the heading, as does clicking on another heading. In short, considerable information is communicated on one page in a clean, uncluttered way.
Our new Web site is best viewed with Firefox, Chrome and Safari on both PC and Mac platforms and Internet Explorer.